Data Protection Information Fraunhofer SIRIOS
Fraunhofer SIRIOS is a center of several Fraunhofer institutes and is attached to Fraunhofer FOKUS both spatially and in terms of infrastructure; the employees of Fraunhofer SIRIOS are employed by one of the participating institutes. The following pertains to the use of this website. As the party responsible for data processing (controller), we process your personal data collected via our website and store them for the period necessary to achieve the specified purposes and to comply with statutory requirements. In the following, we inform you about the data we collect and the way we process them. Furthermore, we inform you about your data privacy rights pertaining to the use of this website.
Personal data, as defined by Article 4(1) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) includes any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. Name and contact information of the person responsible for data processing (controller) and of the corporate Data Protection Officer
This data protection information shall apply to the processing of data on our website https://www.sirios.fraunhofer.de by the controller, the:
Fraunhofer Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V.
Hansastraße 27 c,
80686 München (Munich, Germany)
On behalf of your Fraunhofer Center for Security of Socio-Technical Systems
(in the following referred to as „Fraunhofer SIRIOS“)
You can reach the Data Protection Officer of the Fraunhofer Institute at the above address c/o Data Protection Officer or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Data Protection Officer directly at any time in case of any questions concerning your data protection rights and/or your rights as data subject.
2. Processing of Personal Data and Purposes of the Data Processing
a) During your Website Visit
Every time you visit our web pages, our website servers save your device’s accessing our website in a protocol file. This storage is temporary; our website server saves the following access data until their automated deletion:The IP address of the requesting device
- The IP address of the requesting device
- Access date and time
- Name and URL of the accessed data
- The data volume transmitted
- The message whether the access was successful
- The browser and operating system used
- The name of the Internet Provider (ISP)
- The referring website (referrer URL)
- [more or other data if appropriate]
These data are processed for the following purposes:
- To enable the use of the website (connection setup)
- Administration of the network infrastructure
- Appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure IT systems and data security commensurate with the available state of the art technology
- To offer user-friendly service
- To optimize the Internet offering
Legal foundations for the above processing purposes:
Processing in response to a website visit pursuant to numbers 1-2 the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (b) (requirement for compliance with provisions of the website user contract)
Processing pursuant to number 3, the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (c) GDPR (legal obligation to implement technical and organisational measures to ensure secure data processing pursuant to Article 32 GDPR) and the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR (legitimate interests in data processing for the network and information security) as well as
Data processing pursuant to numbers 4 – 5, the first sentence of Article 6(1), lit. f GDPR (legitimate interests). Our legitimate interests in the processing of data are based on our desire to offer user-friendly optimised web pages
After the specified period of 30 days, our web server automatically deletes the above-mentioned data. To the extent that data are processed longer for purposes according to numbers 2 – 5, we will anonymise or delete the data as soon as their storage no longer serves the respective purpose(s).
b) Visitor Registration for Events
We regularly offer events of various kinds via our website, for which you can register online. When you register for such an event, we will inform you separately about the specific data protection information of the event.
c) Subscriptions to our Newsletter
) Subscriptions to our Newsletter or to receive information on projects, invitations to events or become a network partner
Provided that you have expressly consented in accordance with the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (a) GDPR, we will include you in our distribution list for newsletters, project information and event invitations and/or contact you on the subject of network partnership or to inform you about the work at our center and other institutions.
When you contact us, we ask you to provide us with the following mandatory data:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Department / Prosition
You may volunteer to provide us with additional information about you:
- Telephone number
- Mailing list registration (for newsletter, project information and event invitations)
- Network registration
- Message (open text field)
We process the mandatory data to 1) include you in the distribution list for information materials, i.e. to identify you as a subscriber, to check the plausibility of the data entered, to provide you with information materials and to identify you as a recipient of the information and possible participant in one of our events, as well as, if applicable, to reserve you a spot and to provide you with information before, during and after an event to enable you to participate in the best possible way and to enable us to plan and ensure a smooth event, as well as to ensure that the event is tailored to your interests and age group; or to 2) register you for our partner network for the purpose of further exchange in the context of Fraunhofer SIRIOS' research and development; or to 3) give you the opportunity to contact the SIRIOS team with an open text message or question and to receive information about their work.
The data processing is carried out in response to your request and is necessary for the stated purposes in accordance with the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (b) GDPR. The personal data we collect will be stored at Fraunhofer SIRIOS until the end of the thematically relevant work and then deleted, unless we are obliged to store it for a longer period in accordance with first sentence of Article 6(1), point (c) GDPR due to statutory storage and documentation obligations (in particular Section 147 AO) or you have consented to storage beyond this in accordance with the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (a) GDPR. In the event of longer storage, the data will only be processed to the extent that a retention obligation requires or your consent determines. Otherwise, the data will be blocked for further processing. Fraunhofer SIRIOS is a center of several Fraunhofer institutes; the employees at Fraunhofer SIRIOS are employed by one of the participating institutes.
3. Transfer of Personal Data to Third Parties
With exception of the above-mentioned cases, we give your personal data only to third parties (i.e. to natural and legal persons other than you, the data subject), the controller or or processor and their employees authorized to process the data, if:
You consented explicitly to the data transfer to a third party pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (a) GDPR
- The data transfer is necessary for the performance of the contract with you pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (b) GDPR
- Data transfer to the mail order firm which will deliver the goods you ordered
- Payment data transfer to payment service providers and credit institutes for payment transactions
- We are legally obligated to surrender the data to financial or judicial authorities pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (c) GDPR
- Transferring your data to third parties is required to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, and there is no reason to assume that you as data subject could have an overriding interest worth protecting in the non-transfer of your personal data pursuant to Article 6(1) S. 1, point (f) GDPR. Such a data transfer to government and/or law enforcement authorities may occur in cases of attacks on our IT systems.
If order processors are used, you will be informed about this under section 2. Otherwise, we will only pass on your data if we are legally obliged to do so.
Pursuant to Article 28 GDPR, our service providers host our websites on servers located in Germany exclusively. Additional service processors are Infopark AG, Kitzingstraße 15, 12277 Berlin, Germany.
The transfer of personal data to countries outside the EU or an international organisation is excluded.
We use server-side cookies. Cookies are small files which are automatically created by your browser and stored in your device (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone or similar device) once you visit our website. Cookies do not harm your computer, and they do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malware.
Cookies contain information pertaining to the specific device, which accessed our website. However, this does not provide us with direct knowledge of your identity.
We also use temporary cookies to optimise the user-friendliness of our website. Your device stores these cookies temporarily for a specific time. Once you visit our website again, our server will recognise your device as prior visitor and remember your settings and preferences. You will not have to enter these parameters again.
The data obtained with the help of cookies help us pursue our legitimate interests as website owners and serve the legitimate interests of third parties pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you are able to configure your browser in such a way that the application does not store cookies on your computer or always shows an alert before storing new cookies. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may prevent you from using all of the functions on our website.
5. Web analysis/Tracking
a) LeadLab (wiredminds GmbH)
For our website, we use the Leadlab service of the Wiredminds GmbH service provider and the company’s pixel counting technology to analyse the habits of our website users. The analysis helps us optimise our website. The service allows us to recognise which companies visit our website. The data do not enable us to identify users directly.
Without your explicit consent, neither Wiredminds nor we use the so collected data to identify you personally, and your personal data are never matched with data under a pseudonym associated with you.
To the extent that IP addresses are collected, they are stripped of their last control number block upon collection to anonymise the addresses instantly.
You may find the data protection statement of Wiredminds on their website .
The provider processes the data based on our legitimate interest pursuant to Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR in the optimisation of our online offerings and our web presence. Wiredminds processes the data on our behalf, and we have entered into an order processing agreement with Wiredminds . It ensures that the data processing on our behalf is done in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and that the rights of the data subjects are protected.
If you choose to object to the collection of data and the analysis of your user activities, please use our opt-out cookie to prevent installing our cookies. This will prevent the future collection of data when you use our website. The opt-out cookie in your device is valid only in this browser and only for our website. If you delete the cookies in this browser, you have to install the opt-out cookie again.
With this link you can contradict the tracking:
6. Social Plugins
We use social plug-ins (media buttons) on our website. These are small buttons. Click on them to place the content of our website under your profile in social network sites.
If you click on such a button, a link will be established between our website and the social network to which you subscribe. Aside from the respective content, the social network provider will receive other personal information. This includes the information that you are visiting our website right now.
In order to integrate the social plug-in we use the so-called Shariff Solution. This solution prevents your device from creating a link to the social network merely because you visit a website featuring a social plug-in button without clicking on it. This means that a link is established only if you click on the social plug-in button.
We integrate the following social plug-in on our website:
a) Facebook Sharing of Facebook Ireland Limited
Sometimes, information is transmitted to the US domicile of the parent company Facebook Inc. This company complies with the data protection regulations of the ‘US Privacy Shield’ and is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Commerce.
Some information is transferred to the US domicile of the parent company Facebook Inc. This company complies with the data protection regulations of the US Privacy Shield and is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Commerce.
Purpose and scope of the data collection and further processing and use of the data by Facebook and your user rights as well as your ability to protect your privacy rights by changing your browser settings are subject to Facebook’s Data Protection Statement.
b) Twitter International Company: share on Twitter
Some information is transferred to the US parent company Twitter Inc. The Twitter International Company complies with the data protection regulations of the US Privacy Shield. Twitter Inc. is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Commerce.
Please find more information on Twitter's data protection in Twitter's Data Protection Statement.
c) Google LLC: share on Google+
Google complies with the Data Protection Regulations of US Privacy Shield and is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Commerce.
Please find more information on Google data protection in the Google's Data Protection Declaration.
With consent pursuant to the first sentence of Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR, we use components (videos) of YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Avenue, 94066 San Bruno, CA (USA) (hereinafter referred to as ‘YouTube’), a company of Google Inc., Amphitheatre Parkway, 94043 Mountain View (USA), (hereinafter referred to as ‘Google’).
Upon requesting an Internet page with embedded video, our website connects to the YouTube servers and renders the content on the Internet page using your browser.
According to the information provided by YouTube your data will be transferred to the US YouTube servers only while you watch the video. The transferred data include the Internet page you just viewed and device-specific data including your IP address. By clicking ‘run’ on the video you agree to this transfer.
Should you be logged into your YouTube account at the same time, YouTube will associate these collected data with your member account. You may prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account prior to visiting our website.
Google complies with the data protection regulation of US Privacy Shield and is registered with the US Privacy Shield Program of the US Department of Commerce.
You may find further information on data protection in context with YouTube in Google's Data Protection Regulations.
b) Google Maps
We include maps from the Google Maps service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. The processed data may include, in particular, users' IP addresses and location data, but these are not collected without their consent (usually as part of the settings of their mobile devices).
c) Embedding of external scripts
We use performance monitoring from New Relic (https://www.newrelic.de) for application performance and the dynamic infrastructure of our websites. For this purpose external JavaScribt code is provided via bam.nr-data.net and js-agent.newrelic.com. You can find the provider's data protection information at: https://newrelic.com/termsandconditions/privacy.
8. Your Rights as Data Subject
You have the following rights
- Pursuant to Article 7(3) GDPR, you have the right to withdraw at any time any consent you may have given to us before. Consequently, we may no longer continue the respective activity.
- Pursuant to Article 15 GDPR, you have the right to obtain information on your personal data which we have processed. In particular, you have the right to information on the following:
- Purposes of the data processing
- The categories of personal data,
- The categories of recipients to which we disclosed or will disclose your data
- The planned storage periods of data
- The existence of the right to correction, deletion, restriction of processing and objection
- The right to appeal
- The right to know the origin of your data in the event that we did not collect these data
- The right to meaningful and detailed information on the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, relevant information on the details thereof
- Pursuant to Article 16 GDPR, you have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data and/or the completion of incomplete personal data in storage at the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft
- Pursuant to Article 17 GDPR, you have the right to the erasure of your personal data unless the erasure interferes with the execution of the right to the free expression of opinions and to information, with the compliance with legal obligations, is necessary in the public interest or for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims
- Pursuant to Article 18 GDPR, you have the right to restriction of processing of your personal data if you contest or challenge the accuracy of these data, the processing of the data is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of these data and we no longer need the data while you still need the data to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or you have raised an objection against the data processing pursuant to Article 21 GDPR
- Pursuant to Article 20 GDPR, you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to demand the transmit to another controller and
- Pursuant to Article 77 GDPR, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. As a rule, you may find such authority at your habitual residence, your workplace or our company domicile.
Information on your right of object pursuant to Article 21 GDPR
You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Article 6(1), point (f) GDPR (data processing for the purposes of the legitimate interests) and Article 6,(1), point (e) GDPR (data processing for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest). This shall also apply to profiling as prescribed by Article 4 No. 4 GDPR, which is based on this provision.
Once you file an objection, we will no longer process your personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or unless the processing serves the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
To the extent that your objection addresses the processing of data for direct advertising, we will stop the processing immediately. In this case, citing a special situation is not required. This shall also apply to profiling in as far as it relates to such direct advertising.
If you would like to assert your right to object, an email to email@example.com will suffice.
9. Data Security
We transmit all your personal data using the widely used and secure TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption standard. The TLS protocol is a proven and secure standard that is also used in online banking transactions. You will recognise a secure TLS connection by the “s” following the http (https://...) in your browser URL or by the lock symbol in the lower section of your browser.
Moreover, we use suitable technical and organisational safety procedures to protect your data against accidental or wilful manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against the unauthorised access by third parties. We constantly improve these security measures as the technology advances.
10. Timeliness and Amendments to this Data Protection Information
This data protection information as amended on April 2022 is currently applicable.
Due to improvements of our website and website offers or by virtue of amended statutory or administrative standards, it may become necessary to amend this data protection information. You may find the latest data protection information by clicking the link on this website: https://www.sirios.fraunhofer.de/135a613206041f9a. You may read or print this updated and amended version at any time.